P&C Services Officer
Are you a member support professional with excellent communication skills looking for a unique and challenging opportunity? Do you want to work as part of a close-knit team in a supportive and friendly environment at our State Office at Wilston? We are looking for a P&C Services Officer to team with the P&Cs Services Manager in providing continuous, timely and accurate advice to our affiliates. You must be committed to ensuring that affiliated P&C Associations receive high-quality advice and service.
About the company
P&Cs Qld provides support to approximately 1230 Queensland state school parent associations. The company has a paid staff of eight people working from the State Office in Brisbane, and a network of volunteers throughout Queensland. Together, the staff and volunteers help P&C members in schools with their operations by developing resources, holding events and answering enquiries. We also advise and work closely with the State Department of Education.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will respond to telephone and email enquiries from P&C representatives throughout Queensland. The P&C Services Officer will also have some general administrative duties.
- Work with the P&Cs Services Manager to provide telephone advice to affiliates
- Work with the P&Cs Services Manager to develop resource materials
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Reception duties
- Maintain appropriate records
- Attend and assist at events, including the annual State Conference
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Knowledge of the P&C Model Constitution, Accounting Manual and relevant legislation.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer skills with the Microsoft suite of programs and MYOB.
- Value the work of P&C volunteers and have a commitment to public education.
The incumbent is located in a busy, open-plan office and is faced with constant interruptions. The organisation has several particularly demanding periods during the year, which are usually linked to times when P&Cs must meet key reporting and auditing requirements. In addition, from time to time and when necessary, this position may be required to travel, including possible overnight stays.
To apply, please email a brief CV and covering letter addressing the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 4.30pm on Monday 4 June, 2018.
P&Cs Qld is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.