Who is QCPCA?
Qld Council of Parents and Citizens’ Association (QCPCA) trades as P&Cs Qld and School Councils Qld. P&Cs Qld is the peak parent body which represents the interests of state school parents and citizens associations throughout Queensland. It has a history of over 70 years and a membership of approximately 1250 P&C associations.
- Advocate strategically and consistently at all levels of decision making, on behalf of parents and affiliated parent organisations (P&Cs and School Councils)
- Support P&C Associations and School Councils through the provision of state-of-the-art services, policy advice and professional development.
- a genuine partner in the decision-making in relation to public education in this state
- the pre-eminent representative parent and community group in this state, indispensable because of its worth
- the benchmark for all parent and community organisations, nationally and internationally.
- to represent and support the activities of P&C Associations
- to foster the activities of P&C Associations in the interest of their students
- to be involved in all areas of education affecting the parent, the school and the community
- to communicate regularly and formally with the Department of Education and Training and other bodies having objectives similar to those of the Company
- to promote closer co-operation between principals, teachers, students and parents
- to be non-sectarian and non-party political.
- a Company Limited by Guarantee with a nine-person Board, governed by a constitution
- a service organisation to its members in all areas relevant to their operation
- an advocacy group to governments, political parties and the wider community
- a networked company with volunteer Area teams in eight geographic zones throughout Queensland
- serviced by a State Office based in Brisbane.
- insurance for your P&C events and activities
- immediate informed advice and support via a permanently staffed telephone hotline and email service
- a comprehensive and informative website where P&Cs can also store and share their key documents and information
- a quarterly magazine, Parent Talk, which presents information of interest to P&C associations, schools and parents
- a monthly email newsletter, P&C-e, which provides timely updates on current issues
- research and reports
- statewide events and workshops
- Area conferences, seminars, workshops, networking and skilling
- training resources, kits, webinars
- a range of communication channels including Facebook and Twitter
- analysis of federal and state education initiatives
- representation at regional, state and federal levels
- the opportunity to provide feedback to Area, state and federal organisations through the peak parent body in Queensland and our national partner, ACSSO.
There are four categories in the State Awards:
- State Life Membership: the highest honour that the Company can bestow on a person. Conferred for long and exceptional service to the Company and State Education;
- State Outstanding Service Award: presented to members who have made a significant contribution to the Company and to State Education;
- Area Life Membership: a high honour bestowed by an Area. Conferred for long and outstanding service to the Area and State Education. The Award will be made to persons who have provided exceptional service to an Area;
- Friend of QCPCA: presented to individuals external to the Company who have given outstanding service to the Company.
Click here to see the QCPCA State Awards Honour Roll.
Please contact the State Office for more information on how to nominate someone for a State Award.
Pictured: Life Member Madonna Stewart (centre) was awarded in 2017. President: Gayle Walters (left) and Jessica Stewart (right).