Who is P&Cs Qld
P&Cs Qld is the peak body supporting and representing more than 600,000 state school parents and wider school communities throughout Queensland.
We support the achievement of quality educational outcomes for students through fostering parental and community engagement in a thriving and successful education system.
Through our state-wide network of 1250 P&C Associations, School Councils and some 12,000 + volunteers, we have the localised presence and voice to lead and enact change.
The P&Cs Qld State Office staff advise and assist state school P&Cs through email, phone and the P&Cs Qld Facebook page. P&C members can also request to join the State Discussion Group, a private group where they can connect with other members throughout Queensland.
We communicate with P&Cs through:
- direct email to the P&C email address supplied by the Department of Education (email@example.com)
- email newsletter to our subscription list (subscribe your personal email address using the link at the bottom of the home page of this website)
- the P&Cs Qld Facebook page
- Advocate strategically and consistently at all levels of decision making, on behalf of parents and affiliated parent organisations (P&Cs and School Councils)
- Support P&C Associations and School Councils through the provision of state-of-the-art services, policy advice and professional development.
- a genuine partner in the decision-making in relation to public education in this state
- the pre-eminent representative parent and community group in this state, indispensable because of its worth
- the benchmark for all parent and community organisations, nationally and internationally.
- to represent and advocate on behalf of P&C Associations
- to foster and encourage the activities of P&C Associations in the interests of their students
- ensure children receive the best possible education in state schools by initiating and supporting action towards continuous improvement of education
- to communicate regularly and formally with the Department of Education and other bodies having objectives similar to those of the Company
- to facilitate community involvement in education
- to be non-sectarian and non-party political.
- a Company Limited by Guarantee with a nine-person Board, governed by a constitution
- a service organisation to its members in all areas relevant to their operation
- an advocacy group to governments, political parties and the wider community
- a networked company with volunteer Area teams in eight geographic zones throughout Queensland
- serviced by a State Office based in Brisbane.
- insurance for your P&C events and activities
- immediate informed advice and support via a telephone hotline and email service
- seek or share ideas via the state discussion Facebook group
- a comprehensive and informative website
- a quarterly magazine, Parent Talk, which presents information of interest to schools and parents
- a monthly email newsletter, P&C-e, which provides timely updates on current issues
- research and reports
- statewide events and workshops
- Area conferences, seminars, workshops and networking
- training resources, kits, webinars
- a range of communication channels including Facebook and Twitter, Instagram
- analysis of federal and state education initiatives
- representation at regional, state and federal levels
- the opportunity to have input into national issues through the national parent body ACSSO.
Each year as part of State Conference, P&Cs Qld recognises individuals who have made significant contributions to an Area, the Company and State Education.
There are four categories in the State Awards:
- State Life Membership: the highest honour that the Company can bestow on a person. Conferred for long and exceptional service to the Company and State Education;
- State Outstanding Service Award: presented to members who have made a significant contribution to the Company and to State Education;
- Area Life Membership: a high honour bestowed by an Area. Conferred for long and outstanding service to the Area and State Education. The Award will be made to persons who have provided exceptional service to an Area;
- Friend of QCPCA: presented to individuals external to the Company who have given outstanding service to the Company.
Click here to see the QCPCA State Awards Honour Roll.
Please contact the State Office for more information on how to nominate someone for a State Award.
Pictured: Life Member Madonna Stewart (centre) was awarded in 2017. President: Gayle Walters (left) and Jessica Stewart (right).